Thursday, February 11, 2010

Patterns

Twice a month I drive up to Port Hardy to meet with other photography enthusiasts. We share images we've taken between our meetings or something we may have taken a while back. I really look forward to our meeting nights!

We usually have a theme for each meeting and it's wonderful to see how everyone interpretated the theme.
Tonight was no exception, our theme was patterns. We all brought something unique, here is my image.


My set up was on the kitchen counter.  Ron & I installed halogen track lighting over the counters in December and it works well for my "studio".   With the glass hearts arranged on a piece of white paper combined with the bright lighting,  it really helped make the hearts glow.

I used a my Nikon 28-105mm lens set to macro. I placed the camera on a Gorillapod.  While looking through the viewfinder, I slowly rotated the paper until I liked what I saw, then played around with different aperture settings to get the right amount of background blur. 

My first attempt didn't turn out so good, the red was too blue and flat looking.  I  adjusted the White balance using the K (kalvin) set to 2500, then voila!  I was able to capture the correct colour! 

P.S.
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment